Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Namibia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Namibia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Namibia
Namibia is one of the safest countries in Africa. Visit this country and you will never regret it. Roam around with your own car to maximize your stay. Be sure to check some of these important driving rules.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 80-120 km/h in rural roads, and 120 km/h in highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- At least 1 spare tire is a must.
- 4×4 vehicles are recommended in this place.
- Current and authoritative map is a must.
- Avoid driving at night as you might encounter wildlife animals.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
This is an African country, so winter is not present here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from May to October. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy every places and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement