Why carry an IDP while driving in Namibia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Namibia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Namibia
Namibia is one of the safest countries in Africa. Visit this country and you will never regret it. Roam around with your own car to maximize your stay. Be sure to check some of these important driving rules.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 80-120 km/h in rural roads, and 120 km/h in highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- At least 1 spare tire is a must.
- 4×4 vehicles are recommended in this place.
- Current and authoritative map is a must.
- Avoid driving at night as you might encounter wildlife animals.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
This is an African country, so winter is not present here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from May to October. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy every places and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less