Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Kenya?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Kenya highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Kenya
Visit Kenya and fall in love with nature. See wildlife in their natural habitat. This African country is large so it is best to drive your own car for your convenience. Be sure to check these reminders to help you with your trip.
- Kenya drives on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 110 km/hr in rural roads.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Watch out for wildlife roaming around.
- Be sure to carry a fire extinguisher in your car at all times.
- You should give way to those going up the hill.
Driving in the Winter
Kenya is an African country so there is no winter here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from April to December. Road conditions are tough and slippery. Be sure to keep a bottled drinking water in your car.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement