Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Uganda?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Uganda highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Uganda
Discover the breath taking scenery of Uganda’s mountains, landscapes, falls, and lakes. Explore the beauty of this country by driving your own car. Be sure to check these few reminders.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban residential roads, 80 km/h in outside residential areas and 100 km/h on highways.
- Keep your eyes on the road.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Uganda can be challenging. As long as you have winter tires on, you will be good. Keep safety and emergency kits in your car as well. Keep your headlights on if visibility is poor.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement