If you're traveling in Africa, get a driver's permit before you go
Digital IDP is sent in max. 2 hours
24/7 Live Chat
3 years Money-back Guarantee
Order with confidence
Free of charge
IDP is essential when driving abroad
International Driving Permit (IDP), regulated by the United Nations, certifies that you are the holder of a valid driver's license in your country of origin.
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world.
How to get your IDP
Fill in the forms
Have your driver’s license and delivery address handy
Verify your ID
Upload pictures of your driver's license
Wait for confirmation and you’re ready to go!
Driving Rules in Ethiopia
Ethiopia is recognized as the cradle of humanity. Discover beautiful landscapes, ancient religious sites and amazing scenery. Drive your own car to get from one destination to another. Check these traffic reminders to make your stay even better.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phone away unless hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. There is no alcohol level limit.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban places and 100 km/h in rural areas.
- Honking is encouraged.
- Avoid driving at night.
- Ethiopia has the highest road death in the world. Be extremely cautious when driving.
Driving in the Winter
Ethiopia is an African country so there is no winter here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from December to February. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Keep safe and enjoy your adventure!
Do I need an International Driving Permit?
Take a quiz and check your eligibility
Question 1 of 3
In which country did you get your driver’s license issued?