Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Mauritania?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Mauritania highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Mauritania
Discover the natural beauty and landmarks of this country surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Visit Mauritania. Driving your own car is ideal to get from one destination to another for your own protection. Take note of a few traffic reminders.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- It is illegal to drink and drive in Mauritania.
- The speed limit is 80 km/h on urban roads and 100 km/hr on rural roads.
- Locals drive recklessly. Drive defensively at all times.
- Beware of bribes!
- It is best to travel in convoy for added safety.
Driving in the Winter
Mauritania does not have winter. Avoid traveling during rainy season from July to October. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement