Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Cape Verde?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Cape Verde highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Cape Verde
Go island-hopping in Cape Verde. Explore this beautiful African island and see the famous shipwreck of Santa Maria. Drive your own car to go from your hotel to exciting new destinations. Check some traffic rules this country has to maximize your driving experience.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children should sit at the back of the car.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 80 km/h in highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Always give way to pedestrians.
- Be sure to rent a 4×4 vehicle.
- Only pay fines at police stations. Do not bribe police officers.
Driving in the Winter
Cape Verde is a tropical island, so there is no winter. Avoid travelling and driving during rainy season. Roads are extremely slippery. Plan your trip carefully.
Ahoy to travelling, matey!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement