Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Libya?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Libya highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Libya
Be mesmerized in Ancient Greek and Roman ruins and Sahara desert landscapes in this country! Get and drive your own car to see the beauty of Libya. Here are a few traffic reminders so you enjoy your stay better.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. You are not allowed to use your phone while driving.
- Drink and drive is not being tolerated.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 85 km in rural roads
- Driving in Libya can be hazardous so be extra careful.
- Better have a research or consult to authorities before going to Libya as kidnapping, terrorism, and high crime rates are issue.
Driving in the Winter
Winter is not an issue. 90% of Libya is covered by the Sahara Desert, so it has a very dry climate. Avoid travelling during the rainy season as rainfall does occur, but mainly along the coast from March through April.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement