Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Mauritius?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Mauritius highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Mauritius
Visit Mauritius and its wonderful places to be. From parasailing to hiking and many more. Driving with your own car is the best way to explore this country. Here are few reminders when driving in Mauritius.
- Mauritius drives on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Mauritius has zero tolerance for drinking.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h in rural roads and 100 km/h on highway.
- There are no road tolls in Mauritius.
Driving in the Winter
Mauritius enjoys a mild tropical climate. However, there are some rainfalls during summer. Plan your trip wisely. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement