Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Equatorial Guinea?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Equatorial Guinea highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Equatorial Guinea
A mainland surrounded by 5 volcanic island? That’s Equatorial Guinea! Connect with nature and your inner peace. This is the only African country that speaks Spanish as well. Drive your car to explore this amazing island country. Be sure to check some reminders before you head out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Though you can use your phone while driving, keep your eyes on the road at all times.
- Drink and drive responsibly.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas.
- Though there are only few traffic rules in Equatorial Guinea, checkpoints are located all over the country.
Driving in the Winter
Equatorial Guinea is a tropical land so no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded. Avoid travelling from June to October. Do not travel when volcano activities and earthquakes are reported!
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement