Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Lesotho?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Lesotho highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Lesotho
Lesotho is an ideal destination for outdoor adventure since it is known for its mountainous topography. Drive your own car to go from one place to another to maximize your stay! Know the traffic rules so your experience will be to the fullest.
- Driving is on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is mandatory. Children under 4 years must have child car seat and children under 12 are prohibited in front.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 50 km/h in villages and 80 km/h on main roads.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
- Cars thefts are very common in Lesotho. Better park your vehicle in a visible well-lit place.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in Lesotho in winter can be challenging as black ice and snow is present! Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels from May to September. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy the nature and have a safe trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement