Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Djibouti?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Djibouti highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Djibouti
Go on lake-hopping in this fine African country! Djibouti is waiting to be explored. This country allows you to drive your own car. Take advantage of this opportunity and hop into one! Here are a few tips that you should know about before going on your trip.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drinking and driving is not tolerated!
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas and 50 km in rural roads.
- Do not drive at night. Driving conditions can be difficult.
- Locals drive aggressively so be sure to drive defensively.
Driving in the Winter
Djibouti is in Africa so there is no winter. Rainy season is not a concern too. Be sure to keep emergency kits handy at all times.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement