Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Gabon?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Gabon highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Gabon
Be one with nature in Gabon. This country has some of the most coveted protected parkland. Discover the beauty of nature and animals together. The best way to explore Gabon is through your own car. Be sure to check some tips to maximize your experience.
- Gabon is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must for children under 12 years old.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 120 km in rural roads.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Do not forget to lock your windows and doors.
- There are checkpoints and stops everywhere. Keep your documentations handy at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Gabon is a tropical country in Africa so there is no winter. You should avoid travelling during rainy season from October to December and from February to May. Be sure to have a bottled drinking water in your car. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement