Why carry an IDP while driving in Syria?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Syria highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Syria
Given the current situation in this country, we highly recommend that you avoid travelling to Syria. If you must travel in this country, please read these guidelines.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Throwing garbage out of the windows is prohibited.
- Keep in mind that you are not allowed to play loud music when driving in populated areas of the city.
- Drunk driving is prohibited.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 100 km/h on highways.
- Watch out for traffic officers.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Syria can be very harsh and include prolonged periods of snow and temperatures below zero. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less