Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Armenia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Armenia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Armenia
Explore the rich history of Armenia. Visit ancient ruins and churches by driving your own car. Be sure to check traffic laws before heading out.
- Armenia is a right-hand driving country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Do not drink and drive. Armenia does not tolerate drunk driving.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 60 km/h in rural roads and 110 km/h in highways.
- Car insurance is a must.
- Dipped headlights at all times.
- Be sure to keep fire extinguisher, reflector vest, early warning device and first aid kit in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Winter condition in Armenia is challenging. Avoid travelling from November to February. If you must travel during these months, be sure to have winter tires on all wheels. Snow chains are required in snow-filled roads. Keep your emergency kit handy. As long as these things are in order, you are good to go.
Have fun and travel safely!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement