Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Kazakhstan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Kazakhstan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Kazakhstan
If you are looking for a great ski, Kazakhstan is perfect for you! This amazing country is known for its amazing skiing spots. Visit its beautiful lakes and peaceful landscape while you’re there too. Drive your own car to get from one destination to another. Here are a few important tips to drive safely in Kazakhstan.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is recommended though it is not regulated by law.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Do not drink and drive.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 110 km/h on expressways.
- Do not bribe traffic officers! Ask for your ticket and pay the appropriate fines.
- You are not allowed to throw your garbage out of the window.
Driving in the Winter
Kazakhstan winter can be difficult. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels. Snow chains may be required if you are going up in the mountains. Keep a bottled drinking water in your car. Have your emergency kits handy at all times.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement