Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Iran?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Iran highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Iran
Also known as Persia. Famous for world’s highest quality Saffron. Visit and experience the life in second largest country in the Middle East and the 17th largest in the world, Iran. Planning for an overland journey? Then, driving your own car is a definitely an option for you! Be sure to check these reminders before hopping in.
- Drive at the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car occupants.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away. Eating and drinking while driving is not allowed as well.
- Drink and drive is strictly prohibited.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 70-110 km/h in rural roads and 120 km/h on most expressways.
- Though roads are excellent, locals are not very keen when it comes to traffic rules. Better focus on the road at all times.
Driving in the Winter
It often snows from November to March. All weather tires are acceptable. However, snow chains are required if you are driving heavier vehicles. Keep emergency kits in your car at all times. Plan your trip accordingly and you are good to go!
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement