Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Oman?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Oman highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Oman
Visit Oman and explore its desert region with wildlife and magnificent golden sand on the southeastern coast. Driving around different places with your own car is the best way to explore this country.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drinking is not allowed.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- You are prohibited to park your vehicle before public buildings such as palaces, gas stations, etc.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in winter can be challenging. Snow chains are required from December to February. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement