Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Kyrgyzstan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Kyrgyzstan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Kyrgyzstan
Visit Lake Issyk-Kul. The Pearl of Central Asia is located in Kyrgyzstan. The best way to explore this country is through your own car. Be sure to read these reminders before heading out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are prohibited to drink and drive. The legal alcohol limit is 0 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas and 60 km/h in rural roads.
- Avoid driving at night due to poor road visibility.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and 2 wheel blocks in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Winter may be the best time to visit Kyrgyzstan! Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels at all times. Keep your emergency kits handy. Prepare before going on your trip and you should be good!
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement