Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Bhutan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Bhutan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Bhutan
Get in touch with your inner peace. Bhutan is known for beautiful monasteries, fortresses and incredible landscapes. Rent a car and drive around this wonderful country. To enjoy your stay better, read some of these tips to familiarize yourself with traffic rules.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking! The legal alcohol limit is 8 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas, 50 km in general.
- Give way to vehicles coming up-hill.
- Avoid driving at night. Roads are tight and there are no street lights.
- You cannot drive in neutral gear.
Driving in the Winter
Bhutan is a tropical land so there is no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded and slippery. Do not travel from June to October. Any other time of the year, you are good!
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement