Why carry an IDP while driving in Mongolia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Mongolia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Mongolia
Experience the rich heritage and vast lands of Mongolia. Explore the wildlife park that nears the China border, visit the Genghis Khan Statue Complex, engage in cross-country skiing and so much more! Discover and be captivated by Mongolia’s beauty while on the road. Prepare yourself by reading these few tips on traffic laws.
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to sit in front.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink cautiously. The legal alcohol limit is 20 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit in built up areas is 20 km/h and 100 km/h on highways.
- Do not scare animal-drawn transports!
- Overtake cautiously and only on open, straight roads.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
The best time to visit is on May to September when the days are dry. Keep your emergency kit at all times. Plan your trip accordingly. In case of winter travel, be sure to use winter tires and pack snow chains in your trunk for safety measures.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less