Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Myanmar?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Myanmar highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Myanmar
This Golden land. Visit Myanmar and discover a lot of top cities and its wonders. Go and hurry to see the Pagoda in Myanmar. Driving your own car is the option. Be sure to check these reminders before heading out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Do not Drink and Drive. Myanmar has a very strict drunk driving limit.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- Watch out for random checkpoints. Police will require you to blow in a breathalyzer.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
Myanmar has a tropical monsoon climate. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. The best time to visit this country is from October to March. Plan accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement