Why carry an IDP while driving in Israel?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Israel highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Israel
Set out on journey to the fabled Holy Land! Your trip is much more satisfying when you are in control of your own itinerary! Drive your own car and see Israel on your own terms. Before starting your new adventure, it is important to keep in mind some traffic rules applied in the country you plan to visit.
- Right hand side of the road driving orientation.
- Safety first: Do buckle up.
- You must be 16 years and 9 months to drive in Israel.
- You must be at least 21 years old to rent a car.
- Do not drink and drive! Permitted alcohol level driving in Israel is 24 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h – 90 km/h in rural roads and 110 km/h in motorways.
- Traveling from November to March? Dipped headlights are required all day long.
- Be sure to have reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving a car through Israeli roads in winter shouldn’t be a problem if you take some precautions.
You will see snowfall most likely in certain parts of the country so it is important to put on winter tires. Also be aware that, according to the winter driving regulation in Israel, all drivers must keep the vehicle headlights on while traveling on an intercity road.
Have a great trip!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less