Traveling to israel?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Israel?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Israel highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Israel
Set out on journey to the fabled Holy Land! Your trip is much more satisfying when you are in control of your own itinerary! Drive your own car and see Israel in your own terms. Before starting your new adventure, it is important to keep in mind some traffic rules applied in the country you plan to visit.
- Right hand side of the road driving orientation.
- Safety first: Do buckle up.
- You must be 16 years and 9 months to drive in Israel.
- You must be at least 21 years old to rent a car.
- Do not drink and drive! Permitted alcohol level driving in Israel is 24 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km/h – 90 km/h in rural roads and 110 km/h in motorways.
- Traveling from November to March? Dipped headlights are required all day long.
- Be sure to have reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Driving a car through Israeli roads in winter shouldn’t be a problem if you take some precautions.
You will see snowfall most likely in certain parts of the country so it is important to put on winter tires. Also be aware that, according to the winter driving regulation in Israel, all drivers must keep the vehicle headlights on while traveling on an intercity road.
Have a great trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement