Why carry an IDP while driving in Japan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Japan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Japan
Visit Japan; the Land of the Rising Sun. Discover the rich heritage, delicious cuisine and mind-blowing scenery Japan has to offer. Driving in Japan is a treat on its own! Be sure to read several rules to maximize your stay.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drinking and driving is not tolerated. Japan has very strict rules for drunk driving
- The speed limit is 30 km/h on urban areas, 80 km/h on rural roads and 100 km/h on motorways.
- Be sure to have an early warning device in your car.
- apan is one of the best places to drive as a tourist.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in Japan in winter is challenging. Be sure to prepare before heading out. Put on winter tires in all wheels. Keep emergency kits in your car at all time.
Enjoy your stay.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less