Experience some spectacular drives
Digital IDP is sent in max. 2 hours
24/7 Live Chat
3 years Money-back Guarantee
Order with confidence
Free of charge
IDP is essential when driving abroad
International Driving Permit (IDP), regulated by the United Nations, certifies that you are the holder of a valid driver's license in your country of origin.
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world.
How to get your IDP
Fill in the forms
Have your driver’s license and delivery address handy
Verify your ID
Upload pictures of your driver's license
Wait for confirmation and you’re ready to go!
Driving Rules in Laos
Discover Laos and visit treasured Buddhist temples. The best way to explore this country is by driving your own car. Here are a few reminders before you head out.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are not allowed to drink and drive in Laos.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas and 50 km/h in rural roads.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Heavy traffic is expected, especially in the capital.
- Keep your eyes on the road as the conditions may be difficult for tourist.
Driving in the Winter
Laos does not have winter. However, avoid travelling during rainy season from June to October. Plan your trip accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels
Do I need an International Driving Permit?
Take a quiz and check your eligibility
Question 1 of 3
In which country did you get your driver’s license issued?