Why carry an IDP while driving in Laos?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Laos highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Laos
Discover Laos and visit treasured Buddhist temples. The best way to explore this country is by driving your own car. Here are a few reminders before you head out.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are not allowed to drink and drive in Laos.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas and 50 km/h in rural roads.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Heavy traffic is expected, especially in the capital.
- Keep your eyes on the road as the conditions may be difficult for tourist.
Driving in the Winter
Laos does not have winter. However, avoid travelling during rainy season from June to October. Plan your trip accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Quick, easy, and professional
When I learned that I’ll need to show an International Driving Permit on short notice, I was uncertain how much trouble it would be and whether it would even be possible. So I went to the International Drivers Association website, where the entire process was very easy to follow. I was happy to receive my permit within 2 hours! I highly recommend this service.
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less