Why carry an IDP while driving in China?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. However, IDPs and national licenses are invalid in China.Start my Application
Driving Rules in China
Visit the home of the Great Wall. Discover China and enjoy rich culture and delicious cuisine. Driving in China can be difficult. Be sure to check the following reminders to ensure that your driving experience in China will be awesome.
- International driving permits and national driving licenses are invalid in China.
- You need a temporary license if you are staying in China for less than 3 months.
- Right-hand driving is observed in China.
- The minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Avoid drinking and driving.
- The speed limit for cars in China is 30 km/h on urban areas, 40 km/h on rural roads and 100 km/h on motorways.
- Be sure to have an early warning device in your car.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Locals drive aggressively.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in China in winter is challenging. Be sure to prepare before heading out. Put on winter tires in all wheels. Keep emergency kits in your car at all time.
Enjoy your stay
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Above and beyond service
At first I was disappointed in my order. Little did I realize the problem was caused by my own error. The Customer Service rep, who first addressed my issue, did not seem to address the issues. However, in a further exchange of emails, it was discovered where the problem was, in an error I made. Throughout the entire issue the customer service folks were courteous and helpful. The issue was finally resolved and the customer service people bent over backward to make sure I was satisfied. I am very pleased with the service I received
Trusted by thousands of clients from
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International Replacement
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less