Explore the open roads and unique scenery of Mainland China by car
Digital IDP is sent in max. 2 hours
24/7 Live Chat
3 years Money-back Guarantee
Order with confidence
Free of charge
IDP is essential when driving abroad
International Driving Permit (IDP), regulated by the United Nations, certifies that you are the holder of a valid driver's license in your country of origin.
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world.
How to get your IDP
Fill in the forms
Have your driver’s license and delivery address handy
Verify your ID
Upload pictures of your driver's license
Wait for confirmation and you’re ready to go!
Driving Rules in China
Visit the home of the Great Wall. Discover China and enjoy rich culture and delicious cuisine. Driving in China can be difficult. Be sure to check the following reminders to ensure that your driving experience in China will be awesome.
- International driving permits and national driving licenses are invalid in China.
- You need a temporary license if you are staying in China for less than 3 months.
- Right-hand driving is observed in China.
- The minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Avoid drinking and driving.
- The speed limit for cars in China is 30 km/h on urban areas, 40 km/h on rural roads and 100 km/h on motorways.
- Be sure to have an early warning device in your car.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Locals drive aggressively.
Driving in the Winter
Driving in China in winter is challenging. Be sure to prepare before heading out. Put on winter tires in all wheels. Keep emergency kits in your car at all time.
Enjoy your stay
Do I need an International Driving Permit?
Take a quiz and check your eligibility
Question 1 of 3
In which country did you get your driver’s license issued?