Driving in Azerbaijan
Stay on the right side of the law
Digital IDP is sent in max. 2 hours
24/7 Live Chat
3 years Money-back Guarantee
Order with confidence
Free of charge
IDP is essential when driving abroad
International Driving Permit (IDP), regulated by the United Nations, certifies that you are the holder of a valid driver's license in your country of origin.
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world.
How to get your IDP
Fill in the forms
Have your driver’s license and delivery address handy
Verify your ID
Upload pictures of your driver's license
Wait for confirmation and you’re ready to go!
Driving Rules in Azerbaijan
Explore one of the hidden treasures of the world. Azerbaijan is known for its capital, Baku. The land of flames has rich history and architecture. Drive your car from one place to another to see this amazing country. Be sure to read a few tips to enjoy your stay.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must. Be sure to have pregnant women and children sit at the back of the car.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. Azerbaijan has 0 tolerance for blood alcohol level.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 60 km in rural roads and 110 km/h on most expressways.
- U-turn is not allowed on pedestrian lanes, railway crossing, bridges and tunnels.
- Driving in evening is not advisable. Local animals often cause accidents.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Azerbaijan is tolerable. You are good to go as long as you have all weather tires in your wheels. Emergency kits in your car will also help in cases of unexpected incidents.
Do I need an International Driving Permit?
Take a quiz and check your eligibility
Question 1 of 3
In which country did you get your driver’s license issued?