Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Jordan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Jordan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Jordan
Discover the mysterious country of Jordan! Visit the Petra and prepare to be amazed. This desert country requires you to drive your own car for your convenience and safety. Be sure to check some important things before heading out.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are not allowed to drink if you are driving. The alcohol level limit is 0 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 70 km in rural roads and 80 km/h on most expressways.
- Beware of landmines. Do not stray away from main roads!
- Give way to camels and any other wildlife.
- Be sure to have early warning devices and fire extinguisher in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Jordan is a hot country so winter is not a concern. You should avoid travelling during the rainy season from December to March. Keep a bottled drinking water in your car. Plan your trip accordingly and you will be good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement