Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Brunei?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Brunei highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Brunei
The Sultanate of Brunei, one of the remaining Islamic kingdoms in the world. Explore Brunei’s mosques and architectures. Experience the culture and traditions that date back for hundreds of years. Drive your own car to maximize your stay! Read these tips to ensure the best trip.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas and 80 km/h in most expressways.
- Do not use tinted window cars.
- It is advisable to know road signs in advance. Most of them are written in Malay.
Driving in the Winter
Brunei has no winter. However, driving during rainy season is a challenge. Be sure to have your emergency kits handy. Avoid travelling from June to October as well.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement