Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Afghanistan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Afghanistan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Afghanistan
The beauty of ancient civilization awaits. Visit the Blue Mosque and other historical landmarks in Afghanistan. It is best to drive your own car to explore this amazing country. Be prepared so you can enjoy your trip much more.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Do not drink and drive.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas.
- Locals are notorious drivers. Take extra precaution.
- Be sure to have first aid kit, reflective vest and early warning device in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Afghanistan is a country in the Middle East, so there are no winter and rainy season. Be sure to have drinking water in your car at all times as the weather may get too hot and humid.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement