Why carry an IDP while driving in India?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. India highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in India
See the Taj Mahal, taste the local cuisine and be a part of their culture. Experience the rich culture and heritage of India through driving your own car. Do not forget to read a few reminders!
- Right side of the road driving.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 23 years old.
- Safety first so buckle up.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Be aware at all times! Traffic jams are expected. Local drivers are reckless.
- No music while driving.
- Driving during evenings are discouraged.
- Speed limit is 25 km/h in urban areas and 50 km/hour on highways.
Driving in the Winter
India is a dry country. Winter cannot be experienced so no worries.
Discover India to the fullest and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less