Traveling to INDIA?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in India?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. India highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in India
See the Taj Mahal, taste the local cuisine and be a part of their culture. Experience the rich culture and heritage of India through driving your own car. Do not forget to read a few reminders!
- Right side of the road driving.
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18 years old. Minimum age to rent a car is 23 years old.
- Safety first so buckle up.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Be aware at all times! Traffic jams are expected. Local drivers are reckless.
- No music while driving.
- Driving during evenings are discouraged.
- Speed limit is 25 km/h in urban areas and 50 km/hour on highways.
Driving in the Winter
India is a dry country. Winter cannot be experienced so no worries.
Discover India to the fullest and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement