Traveling to HONG KONG?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Hong Kong?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Hong Kong highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Hong Kong
Designer bag and shoes for bargain? Then come visit Hong Kong. Driving your own car may not be the best option to explore this city state. If you do choose to drive, consider yourself warned.
- Left side of the road is where you drive.
- The legal age for driving in Hong Kong is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Heavy traffic in both main and small roads are expected so plan your routes and trips carefully.
- Signs are both in English and Chinese characters.
- Drink moderately if you are driving. Maximum legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers is 55 mg per 100ml.
- Maximum speed in all roads is 50 km/h unless ‘Speed limit’ signs show otherwise.
- Give way to incoming vehicles if you are crossing roads and switching lanes.
Driving in the Winter
Hong Kong’s climate is sub-tropical and therefore it is unlikely to see snow in this country. You are good here!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement