Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Qatar?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Qatar highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Qatar
Buildings. Architectures. Camels. Take a look and feel the city for an incredible experience. What are you waiting for? Get your own car and enjoy every busy bustling city this country has to offer! Familiarize yourself with the traffic laws.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum car rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for everyone.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children under 10 years must be in the back sit.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drink and drive is strictly prohibited.
- The speed limit is 60-100 km/h on most city roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- Be attentive as speed cameras and radars are almost everywhere.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Police officers are always present to monitor traffic at roundabouts and highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory
Driving in the Winter
Qatar has a dry, subtropical desert climate with low annual rainfall. However, avoid travelling during cool season from December to February. Temperature may be too hot so wear protective clothing.
Enjoy Qatar and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement