Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Mali?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Mali highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Mali
Visit the Great Mosque of Djenné and Timbuktu. See the beauty of salt mines. It is best to explore this country by driving your own car. Here are a few and quick reminders before you head out.
- You drive on the right side hand of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are not allowed to drive under the influence of alcohol in Mali.
- The speed limit is 40km/hr to 60km/hr in the cities and 100 km/hr (65 mph) outside the cities.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Heavy traffic is expected, especially in the capital.
- It is required the third party liability insurance.
Driving in the Winter
Mali does not have winter. However, the best time to visit and travel in Mali is from October to January. It will be a great experience! Plan accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement