Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Kuwait?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Kuwait highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Kuwait
One of the busiest Middle-East Country is waiting for you. Visit Kuwait and explore its diversity. Be sure to drive your own car to maximize your experience. Familiarize yourself with the traffic laws in this country.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Do not drink if you are driving. The legal alcohol limit is 0 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 45 km/h in urban areas and 120 km/h on expressways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Female drivers may drive unveiled. However, it is best to keep them on.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in Kuwait. It is best to avoid travelling during rainy season from June to October. Be sure to plan your trip accordingly. Temperature may be too hot so wear protective clothing.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement