Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in El Salvador?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. El Salvador highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in El Salvador
Journey to El Salvador. Known as the Land of Volcanoes, this amazing country will surely take your breath away. With its beautiful Pacific coastline and towering volcanoes, El Salvador will be a trip to remember. Drive your car to experience this country to the fullest. Here are a few reminders to keep in mind.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 90 km in rural roads and expressways.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.
- Avoid driving at night. Roads may not be safe during evenings.
Driving in the Winter
El Salvador is a tropical country so there is no winter. Be sure to keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Rainy season is not the best time to travel so avoid travelling from June to September.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement