Traveling to BAHAMAS?
Get Your International Driver's Permit for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Bahamas?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Bahamas highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Bahamas
Enjoy amazing soft sand beaches and crystal clear water in Bahamas-the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway. Enjoy your stay by driving your own car, just like what James Bond did! Familiarize yourself with some traffic laws while driving across the country.
- In Bahamas, people use left-hand drive vehicles and drive on the left side of the road. This is particularly interesting and get familiar with it quickly!
- Minimum age to drive is 17 years old and minimum legal age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Drink drive limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas and 75 km/h in rural roads.
- Avoid driving in intense storm.
Driving in the Winter
The climate of the Bahama islands is mostly tropical savannah. The temperature average is between 75°F and 84°F (24°C-29°C) in both winter and summer, although it can get chilly in the early morning and at night.
Enjoy your swim in Bahamas and have a safe travel!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement