Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Haiti?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Haiti highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Haiti
Even though the 2010 earthquake did its damage, Haiti is still a beauty to behold. From great natural resources to amazing architecture, Haiti has it all. Explore this country by driving your own car! Here are a few reminders before you head out.
- Haiti drives on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Do not drink and drive. It is not allowed in Haiti.
- Locals ignore traffic rules all the time. Be sure to drive defensively and cautiously.
- It is best to use public transportation when in Port au Prince.
- There are almost no traffic signs in Haiti.
- Avoid driving at night.
- Stop at every intersection whether there are incoming traffic or not.
Driving in the Winter
Haiti has no winter. You should avoid travelling during rainy season from June to October. Be sure to drive smart and defensively at all times. Keep your emergency kits handy.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement