Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Honduras?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Honduras highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Honduras
Discover the best preserved coral reefs in the entire Caribbean! Honduras is waiting for you. While there, visit the ancient Mayan ruins and city as well. Be sure to drive your own car to maximize the experience. Here are a few important reminders to help you with your trip.
- Honduras drives on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 70 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas and 80 km/h on public roads.
- You are not allowed to smoke while driving.
- Be sure to have early warning device, basic tools and a spare tire in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Honduras is in the Caribbeans so there is no winter here. Avoid travelling during rainy season from July to October. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. With proper preparations, you should be good.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement