Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Guatemala?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Guatemala highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Guatemala
Explore the Ancient Mayan City and Ruins. Visit Guatemala and discover its amazing landscape. Driving your own car is the best way to travel this country. Go from one destination to another with ease. Here are a few reminders before you head out.
- Guatemala is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 110 km/h on highways.
- Avoid driving at night!
- Do not pick up hitchhikers. Be aware.
- Watch out for unmarked speed bumps.
Driving in the Winter
Guatemala is often called as land of “Endless Spring”. There is no winter here. You should avoid travelling during the rainy season from May to October. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement