Why carry an IDP while driving in Guatemala?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Guatemala highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Guatemala
Explore the Ancient Mayan City and Ruins. Visit Guatemala and discover its amazing landscape. Driving your own car is the best way to travel this country. Go from one destination to another with ease. Here are a few reminders before you head out.
- Guatemala is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 110 km/h on highways.
- Avoid driving at night!
- Do not pick up hitchhikers. Be aware.
- Watch out for unmarked speed bumps.
Driving in the Winter
Guatemala is often called as land of “Endless Spring”. There is no winter here. You should avoid travelling during the rainy season from May to October. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License here.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less