Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Belize?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Belize highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Belize
Explore ancient Mayan ruins and relax in beaches! Belize is calling you for an wonderful trip. Drive around the country so you will make the most out of your trip. Prepare yourself by reading these few tips on traffic laws.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for all passengers.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 60 km in rural roads and 90 km/h in most expressways.
- Turning right is not allowed.
- It is not advisable to drive at night. Road conditions may be challenging for tourist.
Driving in the Winter
Belize is a tropical country so there is no winter. However, avoid travelling during rainy season. Roads may be flooded during June to October, which is the usual rainy season.
Have a fun and safe trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement