Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Montserrat?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Montserrat highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Montserrat
The Pear shaped island. Known for its spiral stair case. Discover Montserrat and explore the different sight seeing mountains. Driving in major cities can be difficult, it is advisable to drive your own car. Before hopping the car check this few reminders.
- You drives on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- The legal blood alcohol level is 0.08%. do not drive under the influence of alcohol.
- The speed limit is 32 km/h in urban areas, 40 km in rural roads and 64 km/h on most highways.
- Roads are narrow, winding and steep.
Driving in the Winter
The Montserrat is a tropical land so no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded. Avoid travelling from January to May. Any other time of the year, you are good!
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement