Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Cayman Island?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Cayman Island highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Cayman Island
Going on a luxury trip? Cayman Island is for you. Stay in luxury resorts, dive to see the corals and swim its crystal clear beach. To complete the luxury trip, drive your own car. Here are a few tips on road traffic rules.
- Left-hand driving country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 100 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas and 40-80 km/h in other roads.
- Do not use fog lights.
- Avoid driving at night. Roads are narrow and some roads are poorly visible.
- Give way to pedestrians at all times.
- You are not allowed to overtake when white or yellow line in center of road is painted.
Driving in the Winter
Cayman Island is a tropical paradise so there is no winter. Rainy season can be challenging for driving. Avoid travelling from June to October. Any other time of the year is good!
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement