Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Dominican Republic?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Dominican Republic highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Dominican Republic
Discover historical buildings and beautiful beaches! Visit Dominican Republic and fall in love with this country. Enjoy your trip more by driving your own car. Be sure to check these reminders before booking your amazing vacation.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 30 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 120 km/h in highways.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Locals drive aggressively.
- Liability insurance is mandatory.
- Avoid driving at night! Driving conditions may be tough for tourist.
Driving in the Winter
Dominican Republic is a tropical country so there is no winter. Avoid travelling during rainy season from June to October. Road conditions may be difficult for tourists during these months. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Once you’ve made your preparations, you are good to go.
Have fun and drive safely!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement