Why carry an IDP while driving in Mexico?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Mexico highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Mexico
Driving in Mexico can be a very comfortable way to explore the country, visiting freely the beauty of its landscape. It has an extensive road network covering all areas in the country and, most of them, in a good conditions so you’ll find driving in Mexico pretty easy and straightforward.
Here are some important reminders in driving in Mexico:
- You must bring with you a valid passport, valid driving license and international driving license, especially if you are planning to rent a car.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Legal driving age is 18.
- Minimum age for car rental is 25 years old and should holding a driving licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- Maximum legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers is 0.8 g/l of blood.
- Speed limits for cars is 40 km/h in urban areas, 90 km/h in rural areas and 120 km/h in highways.
- Phone is allowed as long as it’s hands free.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Avoid to drive at night when you’re alone.
Driving in the Winter
It is uncommon to see snow in Mexico unless you are planning to visit areas located at altitudes greater than 10,000 feet above sea level. There are two main seasons in Mexico: rainy and dry.
- Rainy season last from May or June through October or November.
- Dry season last from December to April.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less