Get an international driving license and explore Mexico
Driving in Mexico? Order a driver's permit and avoid delays
Why carry an IDP while driving in Mexico?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Mexico highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Mexico
Driving in Mexico can be a very comfortable way to explore the country and to visit the beauty of its landscape. It has an extensive road network covering all areas in the country and, most of them, in a good conditions so you’ll find driving in Mexico pretty easy and straightforward.
Here are some important reminders in driving in Mexico:
- You must bring with you a valid passport, valid driving license and international driving license, especially if you are planning to rent a car.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Legal driving age is 18.
- Minimum age for car rental is 25 years old and should holding a driving licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- Maximum legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers is 0.8 g/l of blood.
- Speed limits for cars is 40 km/h in urban areas, 90 km/h in rural areas and 120 km/h in highways.
- Phone is allowed as long as it’s hands free.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Avoid to drive at night when you’re alone.
Driving in the Winter
It is uncommon to see snow in Mexico unless you are planning to visit areas located at altitudes greater than 10,000 feet above sea level. There are two main seasons in Mexico: rainy and dry.
- Rainy season last from May or June through October or November.
- Dry season last from December to April.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Trusted by over 100,000+ drivers across 185 countries
RM, United States
Off to work on an international…
Ron, United States
When They Say Expedited, They Mean It!
Dacia Clark, United States
Wow. Easy solutions. 5 Stars!
Kevin Groom, United States
Quick and efficient!
Mike Rudd, United States
Mike, traveling to Italy..
On the train in Italy from Rome to…
Barsam Dokh, United States
The service is great....!
Barsam Dokh, United States
I just applied this, an hour ago…., and now I’ve already got my Digital International Driving licence.
They said that I’ve to wait for about 6 hours, but….they lied. Less than an hour I got it.
Now I’m waiting for the copy of the printed ID and Booklet.
hope it also can amazed me…..
Bex Elm Street, Australia
I was worried because I found out I…
Lisa was simply amazing
Tony Morioka, United States
License for Dubai
Daniela Castillo, Ecuador
I was so stressed out when i needed an…
I had some problem to charge my…
Giada Callizaya, Australia
Lisa was very helpfull.
Quick, easy, and professional
Mike Wessells, United States
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
Free International Replacement