Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Nicaragua?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Nicaragua highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Nicaragua
Known for its volcanoes and beautiful lakes, Nicaragua is calling your name. Enjoy the amazing sights of this wonderful country. Drive your own car to get from one destination to another. Here are a few reminders you need to familiarize yourself when driving in Nicaragua.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 45 km/h in urban areas, 60 km/h in rural roads and 100 km/h on expressways.
- Locals use hand signals instead of horns.
- Wildlife roam freely in Nicaragua. Be sure to keep your eyes on the road.
Driving in the Winter
Nicaragua is located in Central America so there is no winter here. Avoid traveling during the rainy season from May to October. Any other time of the year will be perfect.
Have a pleasant trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement