Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Argentina?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Argentina highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Argentina
The home of Lionel Messi. Discover Argentina and enjoy the rich culture of this great country. Drive your own car to get to one destination to another. Before going on your trip, be sure to familiarize yourself with a few traffic rules.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 110 km/h in rural roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- Avoid driving during the evening.
- Do not park in poorly lit areas.
- Be sure to have early warning device, tow rope, reflective vest, first aid kit and fire extinguisher in your car at all times.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Argentina is unpredictable. Southern part of Argentina experiences frost and snow while the rest is generally warm. Be sure to have winter tires in all wheels if you are looking to go to Southern Argentina. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times.
Enjoy your trip!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement