Get your international driving license for Windward Islands
Tour the Windward Islands by car
Why carry an IDP while driving in Windward Islands?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Windward Islands highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Windward Islands
Get ready for thrilling adventures that this place can give you. Visit Windward Islands, drive your own car, and be relaxed. Take note of these traffic reminders to enjoy your stay to the fullest.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Minimum driving age is 18 years old. Minimum car rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must. Children under 7 years old must use an appropriate child safety seat.
- Hands-free is a must. Take your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 80 km/h in rural areas.
- Drive smart as ignorance of the law is no excuse.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
Winter is not present here. Just avoid travelling during the rainy season from August to October. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy the place and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement