Why carry an IDP while driving in Trinidad & Tobago?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Trinidad & Tobago highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Trinidad & Tobago
The Twin-Island country. Discover the wonders and paradise of this country. Explore the different spots in this country by driving your own car. Just check some reminders while driving in Trinidad & Tobago.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 17 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must
- Hands-free is a must.
- The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 55 km/h in residential areas,80 km/h on highways and 110 km/h on toll highways.
- Expect the hand signals on the road.
Driving in the Winter
Trinidad & Tobago is a tropical country so there is no winter. However, avoid travelling during rainy season. Roads may be flooded during June to December. Plan accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less