Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Colombia
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Colombia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Colombia
It may not be on the top of your list, but Colombia has a lot to offer. The churches, mountains and beaches are second to none. It is best to drive your own car if you are travelling to Colombia. Be sure to keep a few rules in mind to enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
- Colombians drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 23 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 40 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 100 km/h in highways.
- You are required to drive with dipped headlights on highways all day long.
- Watch out for speed bumps.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in Colombia. Be sure to take extra precautions during rainy season as roads can be slippery. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times.
Travel safely and have fun!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement