Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Boliva?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Bolivia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Bolivia
Experience the diversity of this amazing country. Bolivia offers scenery, food, beaches and culture. Be sure to drive your car to explore this country. Prepare for your trip by checking some of the road traffic rules of Bolivia.
- Right-hand driving orientation.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 70 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 70 km in rural roads and 80 km/h in highways.
- Insurance is a must.
- Do not use high beam headlights.
- Avoid driving at night. Road conditions may be challenging for tourists.
- U-turn is not allowed. Use the appropriate u-turn slots.
Driving in the Winter
Bolivia is a warm so there is no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded and slippery. Do not travel from June to October. Any other time of the year, you are good!
Have a wonderful trip.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement